These classes are designed to provide women and their partners with knowledge and skills about pregnancy, labour, birth and beyond to create a positive birthing experience.
During this course, you will learn:
- All about your pregnant body and its ability to birth naturally and calmly
- Changes in your body and natural ways to ease discomfort and pain during pregnancy
- The stages of labour and how you can work with your body to achieve a positive birth
- The Five Senses of Birth – natural tools and techniques for a more comfortable, calm birth
- Your hormones and how they help your birth
- The role of your partner or birth support team
- Using essential oils during pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally
- Relaxation, breathing and visualisation techniques that you can use during pregnancy and labour
- Creating your own positive affirmations and vision boards to remind you how strong you are
- Identifying and releasing your fears of birth
- Massage and acupressure techniques
- Optimal Maternal Positioning – where is baby for a better birth
- Creating your Birth Plan
- Your rights and responsibilities for your birth
- Natural Pain Relief Options – do you know what they are and the benefits of using them?
- Delayed cord clamping
- Birthing your placenta
- What to expect during your immediate postpartum period
- Healing and resources for support during the postpartum period
- How to change a nappy properly to prevent colic and reflux in your baby.
This childbirth preparation class is fun, interactive and provided in a very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.
It runs over 2 x Wednesday evenings from 6 pm till 9 pm and includes refreshments.
Group workshops cost: $395 per couple (including GST) which includes a comprehensive workbook with diagrams and laminated cheat sheets to take home with you, and ongoing support leading up to your birth.
You will also be given access to my comprehensive online Back to Basics Birthing course (valued at $395), which gives you really in-depth information (so much more than you will learn at your hospital ante-natal classes), studies and research, MP3 relaxation downloads to help prepare your mind and body, affirmations, videos, additional workbooks and so much more that I don’t have time to cover in the two sessions.